Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Second Ketamine Infusion

This infusion went much better. No weird "trapped in a vortex" feeling. The only word I can come up with to describe how this one felt is "swirly." I was in a much more isolated and quiet area this time. They have these really nice private recovery rooms clear in the back of the surgery center! Private bathrooms, everything. And I tricked the nurse who was so gung-ho about following surgery center rules. I rolled up my pj pants above the knee, and pulled my camisole down around my waist, and covered it all with their little scratchy hospital gown. I insisted on keeping my glasses on (told her they let me last week, which they did), and tucked the silly little hair hat into the gown pocket. And my doc was just fine with it and got a good laugh out of it too! So this footage was a bit different. The last time i was in a recliner, sitting up fairly well, and i opened my eyes briefly and frequently. This time I got to lay in a bed and the doc moved the IV machine into the hall so the beeping wouldn't bother me. You can tell it's a better experience just by looking because I barely move the entire time, and I think I only open my eyes a couple of times.
I can already tell that because I'd started to regain my strength and was already feeling better, I was able to move around earlier this time and have been out of the bedroom and awake since just before noon today. So tomorrow going back to work will not be so difficult. I believe that God works in my life, and the little "freak" snowstorm today that ended up cancelling the staff meeting at work, and the class I was supposed to teach from 4:30 to 7:30 this evening.
So, one more infusion to go - December 9th at 1:00pm (or later, as has been the case!)

2 comments:

TEAM RSD said...

Thank you for following Team RSD. We look forward to generating awareness of this "Monster". Happy Holidays to you and your family....

Brian

Unknown said...

I just received an email from Chelsea Daniels through Linkhelpers" and she is a SEO "professional" who definately did not read Eric Wards article "5 Deadly Sins Guaranteed To Kill Your Link Requests" nor mine "Good Linkbuilding Techniques